Thursday, January 5, 2012

Essie Luxeffects: Shine of the Times (over SC Black on Black)

  This polish... Oh this polish is a stunner.
  Funny story!  Our class finished our work in Spanish early on Monday or Tuesday and one girl told the girl in front of her to look at her nails.  I was sitting right next to her so I took a look too.  Turns out, she was wearing the Essie Luxeffects A Cut Above (see it on Scrangie here!).  And the girl asked her what it was.  She couldn't remember so I chimed in and told her it was from the Essie Luxeffects collection.  She said that I was right and how did I know that?  I held my nails in front of her and said that I got one from the same collection.  She was amazed by how much this polish does :).
  So my first Essie.  A stunner.  So happy I finally got a flakie topcoat.  I wanted Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure soooo badly, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  But Shine of the Times is a HT, 2010, GOSH Rainbow, etc.  It is the coveted flakies.  And it was a justified price too.  $8.00 plus tax, not terrible.
One coat over black.  It looks green in some lights...
And a fiery orange/red in others

Fingers at various lights to show difference and range of these flakies
  So so so so so so so soooooo so awesome!  *falls on floor in happiness*
  Go and buy it.  Now.  I'm serious.

Happy flaking,
Em

P.S.- Plus, this was my New Years' manicure.  Talk about starting 2012 off with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!