Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter Manicure

  Hello Potterheads!  The premiere of the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 is tonight at midnight.  I will say that I am not going to it.  Even though I have a Harry Potter themed manicure does not mean I follow it.  I stopped paying attention after the second movie.  But now onto the mani!
  I saw some other Harry Potter themed manis but I didn't have the creativity to design one myself.  So I called on one of my favorite Potterheads.  She designed this entire thing herself and I painted it.  She never thought that I would actually do it.  So onto the pics!

This was the plan all and all.  Its actually very funny.

The bases for my left hand (L to R: Sinful Colors Snow Me White, China glaze Mega Bite, Hot Topic Green, China Glaze Mega Bite, Sinful Colors Black on Black)

The bases for my right hand (L to R: Sinful Colors Black on Black, Pure Ice Excuse Me, Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, Pure Ice Silver Mercedes, China Glaze Mega Bite)

The final result.  Explanation in better picture.

L to R:
The Harry Potter logo which is done in black/white because that's just now it is or to show purity in a time of darkness
Ravenclaw which is one of the houses in the series and is done in gold/blue because that is their colors
This "represents Voldemort, his killing curse, and his shattered life... the green is for LV coexisting with the darkness that he has created. The green stands for the killing curse, envy, and Slytherin (LV was the last heir of him)and overall cruelty"
Gryffindor (my house!) which is purposely seperate from Slytherin and is gold/red because that is their colors
This is the Deathly Hallows symbol.  There is one on my other hand too (two symbols for two parts).

My other hand

L to R:
The other Deathly Hallows symbol.
Slytherin which is purposely separate from Gryffindor and is done in silver/green because that is their colors.
This "represents Harry and his conquer Voldemort spell.  The white stands for purity and the good he is battling for and the red stands for the struggle that he faces in his quest to overcome LV and the bloodshed"
Hufflepuff and is done in yellow/black because that is their colors.
The Harry Potter logo but this one has a silver glitter top coat because it represents light over darkness.


The colors I used:
Top row: Love and Beauty Silver, Art Club Black, Art Club Midnight Blue, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, Pure Ice Silver Mercedes, and China Glaze Mega Bite.
Bottom row: Funky Fingers White Scales, China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald, Pure Ice Excuse Me, Sinful Colors Black on Black, Hot Topic Green, Art Club White, and OPI Black Shatter.

  So that's it!  If anyone is going to the premiere tonight, have a fabulous time!

Happy "Pottering",
Em

1 comment:

  1. I love the design process :) The colors you picked for this are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!